Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Would You Like Fries With That Cell Phone?

(originally written 1-10-2008)

Huskies are notorious for eating anything that comes into their line of vision. It doesn't matter if the item that strikes their fancy is something that one would consider edible or not. If it is there, chances are, your Husky is going to eat it.

Here is a laundry list of items that our Huskies have eaten just over the past year: cell-phones, boots (with steel toes, at that!), numerous shoes, a St. Brigid's cross (Sitka got that one with the help of my white Persian, Mr. Biggles, who knocked it off the wall to the floor where Sitka proceeded to consume it--a friend said, "Well, that gives new meaning to Holy Sh*t, doesn't it?"), the seat of my step-father's riding lawn mower (I am NOT kidding you--they DEVOURED it!), portions of the plastic swimming pools that we put out for them in the summer months, multiple toothbrushes, coffee mugs that I negligently left sitting on my deck, cable wires (see previous blog entry), several dog toys and stuffed animals, books, the collars off each other's necks, my mom's debit cards (were they planning on going shopping?), my stepfather's prescription glasses, and my prescription glasses (vision problems?).

I'm sure that there have been plenty of other items that they have consumed that I cannot remember at the present moment, but the moral of the story is this: if you treasure an item, do NOT leave it where your Husky can reach it. And believe me, they can reach a lot of places, so your best bet might be to place said item in a locked safe. Even then, I wouldn't become too complacent.

No comments:

Post a Comment