Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Pack Antics Continue...

(originally written 7-9-2007)

After months of not blogging, I am finally back. I was dealing with a bum computer that kept shutting down on me...it was almost as stubborn as the dogs.

I have also added Sitka, the Silly Siberian, to the pack, and she keeps us all busy! So far, she has eaten part of my carpet, a St. Brigid's cross, some doll furniture, a catnip toy--dogs don't react the same way as cats, incidentally--a few paintbrushes, a book of Russian short stories--getting back to her roots, maybe?--and other miscellaneous items. And she's only 5 months old!

The pack is up to their usual antics. Xena is in heat, and Loki and Prancer are circling one another like members of the Jets and Sharks. Dougal is no longer part of that macho posturing since he has come down the street to live at my house. He is enjoying his new role as Alpha Male, and I swear his chest is puffed up more than it was in the past. Between Sitka and him, my little Shih Tzu, Wiggles, now thinks that he is also a Siberian Husky, and THAT is an interesting sight to behold, let me tell you!

And stupidity prevails among the patrons of the local Petsmart where I was recently picking up some items with Sitka in tow. As I passed a group of women, they backed up in apparent fear, and I heard one of the say after I passed, "That's one of those wolf-dogs." Bless her heart...I guess she's never seen a Siberian Husky in person, or at least never seen Snow Dogs or Eight Below. If ignorance is bliss, she must be a really happy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment